Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Blog Entry #1: Lists


Hello! My name is Jade and here are some awesome and not so awesome shows that fill up my life!

(1) Shows you’re watching these days, since school’s been out;
  • Doctor Who- Pretty much addicted to this show. I love the sic-fi elements and the blend of quirky humor and drama.
  • Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares- Uk and American variations
  • Adventure Time!- I have cable now, so I'm so excited to stay up-to-date. I've always been a cartoon network fan as well as adult swim so I love little mindless cartoons that take me out of my typical day of stress. 

(2) Peripheral Shows--shows you watch because someone else in the house (significant other, parent, roommate) watches them;
  • Monday Night Raw- I'm not a wrestling fan at all, but one roommate just can't get enough of CM Punk.
  • Duck Dynasty- My parents watch this show and it's on every time I'm home. I find it to be relatively interesting, but just not my cup of tea.
  • How I Met Your Mother- I'll be honest, I loved this show for the first two or three seasons, but it's met its end. The same roommate that loves CM Punk also loves Bob Saget and Neil Patrick Harris. 

(3) Guilty No-Gos--Shows you think you should watch (because critics like them or your friends like them) but don’t;
  • Big Bang Theory- Just no. I don't see the humor in this show and it's not because I don't get it. (I like physical science and pick up on more jokes than my parents).
  • Super Jail!- I really can't see the appeal, but all of my friends love it.

(4) Guilty Pleasures
  • King of the Hill
  • Reba- I watch this with my roommate and he and I wish we could be half as cool as Reba.
  • Will and Grace
  • What Not to Wear- I feel like one day I'll be a contestant and have $5,000 dollars to spend on clothes in NYC.
  • Pretty much everything on lifetime and TLC

(5) All-Time Favorites-- shows you’ll watch in re-runs even though you’ve seen them many times before
  • The Office- I love Jim and Pam and the multiple story lines they filter through out each episode. Perfection.
  • Doctor Who- I like all of the doctors. I like to re-watch episodes on Netflix.
  • Sherlock- Benedict Cumberbatch's voice has my soul. If you close your eyes he sounds like Alan Rickman.
  • Adventure Time
  • Breaking Bad

(6) Shows I Used to Like, But Not So Much Anymore
  • How I met Your Mother
  • The Walking Dead- I still watch every Sunday during season but its straying from my attention.

(7) Shows I  Resisted for a Long Time, But Now I’m a Fan!
  • Weeds- I'm glad I started watching this on Netflix! The story line is rich and if like Breaking Bad this is a more mellow counterpart!
  • United States of Tara- Definitely a great show! I was weary at first due to the main actress. But I love her more and more each time I watch.

(8) I Would Rather Eat Charcoal Than Watch These Shows
  • Honey Boo Boo- I'm not sure what television is coming to.
  • Dance Moms- Do you really need to live life through your children?
  • Toddlers and Tiaras- Children should not wear as much make-up as strippers. Sorry.

(9) Add a category of your own

Awesome 90's Cartoons that have been re-discovered on Netflix and now you don't move when you get home from work because that show is available to you in all of its full season glory:
  • Power Puff Girls
  • Dexter's Laboratory
  • Rugrats
  • Rocko's Modern Life



5 comments:

  1. I love Doctor Who too! For me I've always been impressed by the emotional depth of the program, that I've found lacking in other sci-fi films and shows. For me not only Adventure Time I great amusement, but the longer you watch it the more you become aware of the rich backstory within the program that takes the program in more dramatic direction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horray for Doctor Who! I enjoy how Doctor Who has produced spinoffs like The Sara Jane Adventures and Torchwood. There's just so much content in Doctor Who that they can do that. Personally, I wouldn't mind a show with Rose Tyler and human David Tennant getting used to a normal life. It would probably be short, but it would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adventure Time is the greatest show, I've seen every episode. It's so fun to watch. I can back CM Punk, and I agree with you about HIMYM. It's time for the show to end....but I still watch it. I absolutely cannot stand Big Bang Theory, it's terrible. Looks like we have very similar tastes in television.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doctor Who...Definitely one of the most addicting shows on Netflix. You'll be excited to know that they recently added Adventure Time as well, so you won't have to wait for it on tv! I enjoyed reading your "rather eat charcoal" list, it's a shame the kids in those shows can't just turn off the tv and ignore that garbage! I won't spoil anything from Weeds for you...but toward the end of the fourth season the show gets ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the point for The Walking Dead....I love to watch the fist session, but now I'm not interested to watch it because there are too many similar zombie theme shows and films. I watched the show because the theme seemed special, but now it just become very popular. I feel boring while watching the show.

    ReplyDelete